">

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

and in this corner, wearing the white hat...

Oh, how I wish I could see this!
Not since the Rumble in the Jungle, when Muhammad Ali fought George Foreman in Kinshasa in 1974, can there have been such an eagerly anticipated punch-up as the one due to take place in New York in a fortnight.

[...]
Now THAT piqued my interest. Wonder who is fighting?

[...]

The Grapple in the Big Apple will pit "Gorgeous" George Galloway, the MP, against Christopher Hitchens, the writer and polemicist, in a public debate over Iraq and US and British foreign policy. Political junkies in America are drooling at the prospect.

[...]
Yes, this certainly has me drooling, like one of Pavlov's dogs! Sounds like a fine heavyweight bout, to me. I'm left wondering if it will degenerate into a spirited name-calling match. Can Mr. Hitchens match "drink-sodden former Trotskyist popinjay" ?

(Thanks to Dave Budge for the link, he's earned a spot on my blogroll!)

Technorati : , , , , , , , ,