">

Monday, August 08, 2005

Is There A Relationship?

A recent gentleman's club outing in which scantily clad women performed provocatively for male golfers on a Naperville course has embarrassed the town's mayor and prompted a criminal investigation.

[...]
It's still unclear whether or not this incident involved any crimes.
[...]

Naperville has an ordinance prohibiting public nudity and indecent exposure, but it is not a crime to wear string bikinis or short skirts on a golf course, police said.

Naperville Mayor George Pradel said he was embarrassed by the extensive television coverage of the golf outing. Money magazine last month rated Naperville as the third-best place to live in the country, the mayor noted.

"My heart is broken because this is a family city and I wouldn't want anything to disrupt that," Pradel said. "I'm a cheerleader for Naperville. This takes a little of the air out of my balloon."

[...]
This leaves me wondering if there is any relationship between strippers on the golf course, and the rating as the third best place to live. I wonder what the first bestest place is like?

Technorati : , , , , ,