">

Friday, May 13, 2005

Washington DC Aircraft Incident And Response


Earlier I posted about the incident of the small aircraft in Washington DC, bemoaning the fact that the evacuation plan was inadequate. Here is an interesting thread on Free Republic concerning the event. The original article from The Aero News Network is here.

Reading the article and the commentary, it seems that there is a lot of debate over what was/was not done correctly/incorrectly. I stand by my original and immediate assessment. All aspects of the event were handled adequately, with two exceptions. One, RUN AWAY! is NOT a planned proper evacuation procedure, and our government officials should hang their heads in shame. Two, our armed forces performed superbly!

It now remains to be seen whether we can get past the finger-pointing and reinforce the positive aspects of the incident response, while correcting the negative. With politicians involved, I'm not holding my breath.


Tagged as
, , ,