">

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Add-on experimentations

Been having fun with setting things up the way I think they should work. Added a hit counter through Sitemeter, enhanced commenting and trackback functionality through Haloscan, and a Tagboard through NVNCBL.Chat. All free of charge, so far, except for the time to sign up for their services. I think the hit counter and the trackbacks/enhanced commenting are a good thing, and probably very useful. I'll need some hits and comments first so that I can make a good judgment.

The Tagboard, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. I put it in mainly because I could, but I'm not sure if this is something that is useful, or that I even want. For one thing I probably have the auto update set at too high a rate, and that seems to slow things down a bit more than I'd find acceptable. But what would be the point of having the chat ability if updating was not automatic, and rapid? But it is free, after all, even if it'll probably be gone within a few days.

So, now to generate some traffic so I can check out these features...